Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MALE CARDS - Blog War Challenge - Project 1

Hi all,

Welcome to my blog...

This weeks Blog War Challenge is making "Male cards"..... perfect timing with Fathers Day less than a couple of weeks away.

I love the way most of this card turned out.. I'm sure any handy-man would love it. I'm going to change it to a Fathers Day card, as I'm not happy with what I've got on it..I already changed it a couple of times, its getting to late in the evening to change it again now...

Altho it doesnt show up all that well in the first photo the woodbeams have a wood grain effect to them, by using a direct to paper technique.

I black embossed the Tool Border image, coloured them with the Lyra Crayons and then cut around them..very (very) carefully, actually the embossing made it easier to colour in and cut, you don't go over the lines. Was a little time consuming cutting around the smaller shapes, but not too bad considering the end result.

I added some silver brads to the wooden beams to look like nails/bolts. The beams are in a woven pattern and I have used Magic Mount on some to give a more 3d look. Bahama Bazzill was used for the base card.


A close up picture showing the woodgrain effect


We have some new girls participating in the Blog Wars this week, so don't forget to check out all the Blog War Paricipants (list on the side menu).

All products used in the project are available from Kaszazz if you would like any, information on this card or any other products , project, getting free products or anything in general ...please contact me here...

Happy Scrappin'

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the woodgrain Joanne, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kris.

    I have to do something about the "Happy Birthday" message.as I'm not happy with the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails